What To Expect On Your First Visit
On the initial visit a Consultation form will be filled out and discussed, this provides an insight into your lifestyle, fitness level and areas of pain/injuries. After this, an assessment may be made which could include a short postural assessment. I will then discuss the outcomes and a treatment plan which usually involves a rehabilitation programme prescribing stretching and later on strengthening exercises, given to the client with demonstration where necessary. Advice can be given on correct training techniques to avoid further injury. In some cases, I will also need to liaise with other health and fitness professionals.
Treatments offered include-
- Sports/Remedial Massage Therapy session £40 P/HR
- Kinesio taping
- Exercise/rehabilitation Advice and plan - Included in treatment price
- Infrared Heat Therapy- Included in treatment price
- Ultrasound Therapy- Included in treatment price
- G5 Massage (The G5® Fleximatic is being used widely in the UK by many Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and Sports Clubs.
The G5® system provides a unique theraputic massage and soft tissue mobilisation. Also has the added benefit of reduction in the appearance of cellulite £25 for half an hour G5
- Concessional rates available
Although massage therapy is proven to be a safe therapy, it may not be suitable for all including people who have any of the following;
DVT (deep vein thrombosis)
Infectious skin diseases
Melanoma and other cancers (unless with written consent from a GP)
A high temperature or feeling unwell
On going treatment with a doctor or another specialist and they do not give consent
Diabetes - Although not totally contraindicated, care must be taken with people who have diabetes to ensure they understand how massage can have an effect on blood sugar and pain response.